With summer in full affect, you’re going to want to ensure that the atmosphere in your home is as comfortable as can be. One of the best options for ensuring comfort all day, every day, is by investing in and choosing a new programmable thermostat option. Doing so will not only contribute to consistent, comfortable temperatures in your home, but can also contribute to reduced utility costs as well.
When you’re ready to purchase your new thermostat, there are a number of options to choose from. So you’ll want to be sure that the one you choose is compatible with your home’s HVAC system.
Some of the most common types of thermostats on the market today include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manual Thermostat – This type of thermostat has manual controls and lacks any of the newer product features available today, such as LCD displays.
- Non-programmable, Digital Thermostat – This thermostat option requires you to make changes to the temperature settings in your home manually, but has an LCD display for easy reading.
- Programmable Thermostat – One of the most state of the art products on the market, the programmable thermostat is able to automatically change and adjust the temperature settings in your living space, so as to accommodate your everyday schedules. It’s remarkably convenient and far more efficient as well.
- Learning Thermostat – This option is one of the most innovative, advanced thermostats available today. It provides the highest level of overall energy efficiency and requires no manual programming at all. Over time, this model acquaints itself with your home habits and temperature preferences. In addition, these thermostats continue to make necessary adjustments even when you are not at home, and they’re capable of producing total energy usage reports. You can connect them to your home Wi-Fi and control them remotely as well.
- Remote Thermostat – This type of thermostat is actually connected through your home internet and can be controlled by your electronic device from any remote location.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT THERMOSTAT FOR YOUR HOME
When it comes time to choose your new thermostat option, be sure to give focus to your specific needs and individual preferences. Are you more concerned about the latest and most advanced technology? Then the learning thermostat is the way to go. Or are you more focused on ease of use and cost? In this case, you may want to choose a manual or digital thermostat. If flexibility and accessibility are your greater concern, then a remote thermostat may be more to your liking.
Though the options are many, your individual needs, taste, and preferences will be the final determining factor when choosing which new thermostat you want to purchase. Like everything else, be sure to perform your due diligence and make certain that the thermostat option you choose is compatible with your home’s HVAC system.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
To learn more about the variety of thermostat purchase options available today, or to schedule a thermostat installation, you have certainly come to the right place. Gervais Electric, Inc. and our team of professionals is steadfast in helping all our clients enjoy comfortable atmospheres in their living spaces- whether winter, spring, summer or fall. Reach out to one of our dedicated professionals to discuss your thermostat options and/or schedule your installation today. We look forward to our every opportunity to serve you and to providing you with the highest quality electrical products and service. Don’t delay. Contact our friendly, dedicated team today!