There are times, as we all know, when electricity can present issues with both danger and losses. When this occurs, we are all faced with tremendous inconveniences as well as a great deal of frustration. Summertime seems to be the one time of year where electrical problems can be more pronounced.
COMMON ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS THAT CAN OCCUR IN THE SUMMER MONTHS
- An electrical overload – There are a number of indicators that your home is experiencing an electrical overload. From flickering lights and overheated plugs, to buzzing sounds, and tripped circuit breakers, the signs are many. During the hot summer months, the cooling system is typically running constantly, and appliances are used even more. If you are experiencing electrical overload in your home, to make your home safe again, you will need to get your electrical panels upgraded.
- Problems due to storms – During the summer there are many wind, rain, and lightning storms. Windstorms can easily damage the electrical wiring located on the exterior of your home, which can result in a disruption of the flow of electricity to your home. Lightning storms often cause abrupt power surges that can lead to an overload and ultimately cause damage to electrical appliances. If your area experiences frequent lightning or wind storms, followed by vast electrical problems, it may be in your family’s best interest to install a surge protector device in your home.
- Aluminum wiring issues – If the electrical wires in your home are made of aluminum, it is important to understand how aluminum works. Aluminum will expand in heat and contract in cold weather. With this continued expansion and contraction, faulty and rusty wiring can occur. In addition, you may experience loose connections and even overheating as a result of the aluminum wiring. If you find yourself faced with any of these problems, it is imperative you have a certified electrician inspect the wiring, identify problems, and provide effective solutions.
- Blackouts – Often during a huge storm, blackouts will occur and you find yourself without power for hours and sometimes even days. Having a back-up generator in your home is the perfect solution to this problem.
- Chronic power surges – Power surges are typically the result of heavy electrical appliances such as refrigerators, ovens, and air conditioners. Each of these will draw a great deal of power and create problems stemming from overloading or using too many appliances at the same time. Power surges can also be the result of a lightning storm. When excessive power surges occur, they can cause damage to appliances and devices and may even cause an electrical fire. It is wise to turn off any large electrical appliances during a storm to help avoid power surges.
GERVAIS ELECTRIC STANDS READY TO MEET YOUR EVERY NEED
Gervais Electric, Inc. takes tremendous pride in our top-of-the-line electrical products and services. Our team is steadfast in providing only the highest quality products and services. We are committed to meeting the individual needs of all our clients in timelines that are accommodating to schedules, and with prices that are truly affordable. If you are in need of any type of electrical services or are experiencing any number of electrical problems, be sure to reach out to our team of dedicated professionals. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all-around electrical services.