Fall is in full effect, and spending time outdoors on a cool fall night is something many of us enjoy doing. If you are looking for a way to enhance your patio space, then you may want to consider installing effective outdoor lighting. Many professionals understand how beneficial attractive lighting can be when it comes to an outdoor space.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER
When adding lighting to your backyard patio there are a number of factors to consider. Before choosing an outdoor lighting option, it is important to determine which type of lighting will best suit the space while accommodating your needs. With that said, here are some of the factors you should consider when starting your lighting project.
- When you set out to design the lighting features and elements for your patio, you should consider using a variety of appealing lighting fixtures. A combination of task, accent, and ambient lighting may prove to be the ideal formula for your outdoor patio.
- Task lighting is used to put light directly on a specific area and easily contributes to ambient lighting.
- Accent lighting also contributes to ambient lighting, but is often looked upon as a more decorative or stylish option.
- Ambient lighting provides general illumination to your patio space and sets the tone for the overall lighting level and the ambiance you are looking to achieve.
- With your new patio outdoor lighting you will need to give consideration to the various lighting control options as well. There are a number of options to choose from with timers, dimmers and motion sensors being options that can actually help to reduce electricity costs and energy while controlling the amount of light you use. When installing timers, you can enjoy automatic turn on of your lights at dusk and an automatic shut off of lights at dawn.
- Weather resistant materials – When choosing your outdoor lighting options, be sure to take into consideration the product materials. You want to ensure that your materials are weather resistant so as to ensure that your new outside lights can always function at optimal levels despite the weather conditions.
- Appropriate size – Size plays a significant role in choosing the appropriate lighting for your backyard patio. Be sure to choose a lighting fixture that can easily display a balance between the light output and the proportion. You want your lighting component to be every bit appealing when you view it from a distance as it is when you are viewing it up close. As a rule of thumb, should you be uncertain about the exact sized fixture you need, it is often best to go with a size slightly bigger than what you are guessing to be sufficient.
- Finally, call in the professionals – Once you have completed your research and have selected the lighting options you deem best for your backyard patio and your individual needs, your next step is to call in the professionals to take care of your electrical installation. When it comes to electricity, it is always wisest to rely on the professionals.
THE EXPERTS YOU CAN RELY ON AND TRUST
Gervais Electric, Inc. is dedicated to providing all our valued clients only the highest quality electrical products and services. We are steadfast in our commitment to meet the needs of all our valued clients no matter the need, and that includes the installation of effective and aesthetically appealing outdoor lighting for backyard patio spaces. Simply give us a call and one of our team members will schedule your installation appointment. We look forward to serving you and to helping you and your family enjoy your patio space a whole lot more, not only this fall, but season after season.