Summer is a time for endless fun and gatherings. We all enjoy swimming in a backyard pool, cooking out on a grill, and lots of outdoor activities and fun. With summer in effect, it is important that homeowners give focus to electrical safety systems. You may ask why? The answer is simple. Summer is a time when everyone is constantly outdoors. And many are hanging out by backyard pools, which include electrical equipment and devices. With that said, it is important that you take proper steps to ensure the safety of your home, family, and guests.
Safety First and Foremost
We would all agree that whether summer or any other season, safety is by far the most important of all issues. Our team wants to share some very helpful safety tips for you and your family this summer. These electrical safety tips are sure to help you have a much more enjoyable and safe summer in the comfort of your very own backyard.
- Routine inspection – Be sure to have all your outdoor electrical equipment and appliances inspected by a professional electrician to ensure that everything is compliant and meets safety standards.
- Proper connections – Take steps to ensure that all your outdoor electrical connections, whether hot tubs or pools, are properly grounded.
- Never too many ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) outlets – It is imperative that you have GFCI outlets installed if the outlets are located near water. GFCI outlets are extremely sensitive and will trip the power near the water sources, avoiding electrical shocks.
- Take precautions – Be sure to keep all electrical appliances, equipment, and even electrical toys away from any water. If, however, an electrical appliance or toy becomes wet, do not touch it!
- Choose to use electrical devices that are battery operated when outdoors, if possible, rather than those that are electrical.
- Do not use indoor extension cords for any of your outdoor needs.
Enjoy a Safe Summer with Our Team of Professionals
Having some understanding of electricity can certainly make for a safer home and family. We have shared some useful tips with you here that can surely help to keep your family and friends safe this summer. If you are unsure of whether your outside electrical system is safe, then be sure to call in the professionals. Our team will perform a thorough inspection of your electrical safety system and identify any problems that may exist. We will provide effective solutions that ensure the safety of your home and family.
We want to be sure that all our valued clients can enjoy a long and safe summer, which is why we highly recommend scheduling an inspection of your outdoor electrical system. Our team of certified electricians takes pride in meeting the individual needs of all our clients, and in providing only the highest quality electrical parts and services this side of Franklin.
Why not make your summer a whole lot safer this year by reaching out to the pros here at Gervais Electric, Inc. Our team is steadfast in ensuring the safety of all our clients and their families. Whatever your electrical needs, rest assured our team has got you covered.
Summer is only days away now. To ensure your summer is safe and enjoyable take time out to schedule an inspection of your electrical safety system. We look forward to every opportunity to serve you and to providing you with all the confidence and security you need to know that your home and family are safe throughout every season, year after year. Whatever your electrical needs may be, including emergency electrical needs, trust the pros at Gervais Electric, Inc. Safety first. Call on our team today!