Franklin, Tennessee is such a nice place to live. We do, however, experience a good range of inclement weather season after season. Passing storms can easily result in power outages for many homeowners: something we all dread happening. Torrential rain and windstorms, and even powerful nor’easter have left marks on many homes here in Franklin. So what is the solution to preventing frustrating storm induced power outages? We suggest investing in a standby generator.
When the power goes out, we can all agree, it’s never a good time. In the winter, we are left with no heat. In the summer, no air conditioning. Often, food stored in a refrigerator or even a freezer can spoil, and if you own a sump pump, your challenges are even greater. Having no power in your home can cause all sorts of problems. But there is certainly a way to prevent this challenging scenario from happening. By installing a standby generator, you not only keep your power running during the heaviest of storms, but you can avoid all the stress and frustration that goes along with hours and hours, and perhaps even days and days, without power.
BENEFITS OF INSTALLING A STANDBY GENERATOR
- Uneventful switch from the grid to the generator itself – A standby generator, once installed, will be ready to go to work once a storm appears. When the main grid within your home goes down as a result of a storm, there is an automatic transfer switch located within your new generator that will automatically activate. When this occurs, your home is no longer running off of the main grid, but rather will now be running off of the generator itself.
- Continued flow of electricity – With this specialized generator you are able to keep the electricity in your home running when experiencing a power outage. This, in and of itself, has a variety of benefits
- Protection from electrical and other damage – Electronics can endure electrical hazards when a power outage happens. However, when you have a standby generator it will switch your electronics off the grid, thereby protecting them from any type of damage. During a storm power outage, having a generator saves you from experiencing all types of other damage as well, including water in your basement when the sump pump can’t run or even, during cold weather months, can save you from frozen pipes in your home.
- Keeps you safe in your own home – Often times when the power goes out, and especially during severe storms, it can be days before the power is restored. Families have to then rely upon other family or friends for a place to stay or even incur the cost of staying in a hotel. With a generator, you never have to worry about leaving your home during a storm, but rather can stay safe, right within the confines of your very own home.
- Enhance the value of your home and property – The installation of a standby generator not only affords you the peace of mind you need during any type of storm, but will also increase the value of your home should you ever decide to sell it.
TAKE STEPS TO KEEP YOUR ELECTRICITY ON EVEN DURING A SEVERE STORM
Gervais Electric, Inc. is committed to providing only the highest quality standards in residential plumbing, cooling, heating and electrical services. We are steadfast in our commitment to ensure that all our valued customers are 100% satisfied with our services. With the installation of a standby generator, we will ensure your new system is not only up to code, but equipped to provide you and your family with all the comfort you need for years and years to come. To learn more about generators, or to schedule an appointment, reach out to one of our team members today!